Dear Kittens, …Posted: February 24, 2012
1. I’m back on the no grains/legumes/limited fruit diet deal and it’s going well. My body seems to prefer the method where it holds steady with the weight loss and then alla sudden I’ve lost 3 pounds. I have no idea how this works, but as long as I’m losing weight, I don’t really care. Since January 15 I’m down 18 pounds, which is nice. I’d like to lose another 2 pounds before the end of this month, which I think is totally doable.
2. You may or may not remember and I may or may not have mentioned it here that my main reason for weight loss is so I can get the IVF and have a baby put in me. This is what all the older ladies who want babies are doing these days, in case you didn’t know. My big dilemma with this weight loss is that my doctor does not give a single thought to my body composition, she cares only about a number on a scale, so I’ve been hesitant to lift weights, worrying that I could lose fat, but gain muscle and the number on the scale wouldn’t budge much. I’ve learned that the more muscley body burns only slightly more calories than the less muscley body, so that’s not much help. I just love lifting weights and I love being strong and challenging very strong looking dudes to arm wrestling and then losing and crying. It’s like my most favorite thing to do.
3. I promise I will not just write about weight loss because I know that is extremely boring. I will also write about my dog, Murray, who I love so much I can barely stand it. He brings so much joy and annoyance into my life.
4. After thinking long and hard about what we wanted to do for our niece for her high school graduation, we decided that we wanted to take her on a trip. She got to choose anywhere in the US and because she is super smart, she chose Hawaii. We’re just in the very early planning stages for this trip, but I am so excited about it. We’re going to Hawaii, Kauai and Maui. 9 days in a lovely tropical paradise.
5. I’ve started watching singing contest shows. I am going to say that the reason I’m doing this is so that I have something to talk about with other people who like to watch these shows, but I think I might be horrible at this because I do not care even a tiny bit about the contestants back story. These singing contest watching people that I know, might need to start watching It’s A Brad Brad World so we REALLY have something meaningful to talk about. Like how super cute Brad Goreski is every second.